Fish and Chips
- 400g Dolly fish fillets
- 150g all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 100ml milk
- 100ml beer
- 100ml water
- 1kg potatoes
- 1000ml MERRIS Pure Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 lemon, cut into pieces
- Mix half of the flour, salt & pepper and sugar in a large bowl and add in eggs yolk and milk. Whisk in remaining flour and mix well. Add beer into the mixture slowly until smooth. Whip the eggs white until thick foam and add into the mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and rinse with water then cut into sticks and pat dry.
- Heat MERRIS cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Lower down the heat and fry the potatoes by batched for 5-6 minutes in 140◦c of oil. Remove the potatoes and let it cool. Double fry the potatoes at 180◦c of oil for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat MERRIS cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Season the fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Deep fried the fillets at 160◦c of oil until both sides turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with chips and a slice of lemon.
Picture source: http://magazine.foodpanda.hk/15-best-fish-and-chips-in-hong-kong/