- 300g peeled taro, cut into dice of 3cm thickness
- 300g peeled sweet potatoes, cut into dice of 3cm thickness
- 500ml MERRIS Pure Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Ingredients for Batter:
- 225g sifted rice flour
- 115g sifted tapioca flour
- 115g fresh grated coconut
- 235ml coconut milk
- 30g sesame
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine all the dry ingredients for batter in a larger bowl and stir it gently. Add in the coconut milk into the mixture slowly and stir it until no lumps is observe and the mixture become fairly thick.
- Heat MERRIS cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Dip the taro and sweet potatoes into the batter and drop into the oil when little bubbles can be seen in the wok.
- Slightly lower down the heat and flip the taro/ sweet potato to another side.
- Remove the fritters when both sides is already golden colour. Serve hot.
Picture source: https://cfcdn2.azsg.opensnap.com/azsg/snapphoto/photo/L8/GSES/3BE15YE8E9E37CA2868FC0lv.jpg