- 400g Potatoes
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- Pinches of salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- 60ml wine/ cider vinegar
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 225g butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 500ml MERRIS Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- Peel the potatoes and rinse with water then cook it in a large pot cover with water. Let it boil on low heat until the potatoes completely cooked.
- Press the cooked potatoes using metal sieve then place the puree in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir continuously. Add in 2 egg yolks, corn flour and salt & pepper and nutmeg to taste. Remove the paste from heat when it becomes elastic paste. Set aside.
- Cook vinegar, shallot and tarragon in a saucepan over medium heat. Lower the heat and add in 3 eggs yolks. Mix well using a wire whisk. Add in a little of cold water, continue to whisk until a thick foam is observed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat MERRIS cooking oil in a wok on medium heat. Fill the potato paste into a plastic bag with star nozzle. When the oil is hot, pipe the potato paste directly into the oil to form churros. Fried the churros for 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with sauce.
Picture source: http://www.southaustinfoodie.com/2016/12/best-bites-of-2016.html