Thai Crispy Fern Salad
- 120g fern tips
- 2-3 cloves peeled garlic
- 2-3 cleaned coriander roots
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- ¼ tsp salt
- 120g tempura flour
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 700ml MERRIS Pure Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Thai Chili Sauce, for dipping
- Combine garlic, coriander roots and white peppercorns and mash them into paste.
- Mix the tempura flour, salt and crushed ice in a bowl until the ice is completely melted and obtain a fairly thick smooth batter without lumps.
- Heat MERRIS cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Dip the fern tips into the batter and drop the mixture into the oil and deep fry it until golden brown.
- Slightly lower down the heat and remove the fritter from the wok. Toss in some Thai Chili Sauce and serve.
Picture source: http://thaifoodandtravel.com/blog/category/food/page/2/